Discover what APPA can do for you. APPA staff and board members will be onsite to answer your questions and help you get the most out of your membership and Institute participation. Visit the APPA booth in the Resource Expo to get immediate assistance APPA members save $60 in registration fees! It is not too late to take advantage of the savings. You can become a member of APPA when you register for the Institute. Just complete the membership section on the registration form, and your savings start immediately!
Where It All Happens
All APPA workshops, intensive sessions, resource expo and receptions will take place in the Hilton Washington, 1919 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, D.C. 20009.
How Will You Benefit?
- Experience innovative programming from all across the nation.
- Participate in stimulating discussions with your peers.
- Discover “what works” from professionals in the field.
- View and compare the newest correctional products, technologies and services.
- Increase your current program’s effectiveness.
- Take part in exciting and fun social events.
Who Should Attend?
This institute is not to be missed" if you are a corrections professional involved in... more >>
- juvenile justice
- social work
- education or training
- victim services
- residential programs
- judicial system
- pre- and post-release centers
- law enforcement
- public policy development
APPA Accredited Training Contact Hours!
All APPA Institute workshops have been approved by the APPA Training Accreditation Committee for 1.5 contact hours. Workshops have also been accredited by the National Association of Alcohol and Drug Addiction Counselors. All APPA Institute workshops have been approved by the APPA Training Accreditation Committee for 1.5 contact hours. Workshops have also been accredited by the National Association of Alcohol and Drug Addiction Counselors.
If you need verification of your attendance at Institute workshops, check the contact hour section on the Institute Registration Form. You will receive an attendance verification form and specific instructions at registration. Please note only paid Institute registrants are eligible to receive the Certificate of Verification. A $10 processing fee will apply.
Why are contact hours valuable?
- Ensures workshop training/learning objectives
- Provides official verification of attendance at Institute workshops
- Meets professional licensing requirements
Sunday, August 15 • 11:00a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
First time attendees, our friends who travel from outside the United States and all new members or others just interested in learning more about APPA and the Institute are invited to attend an Institute Orientation where you will... more >>
Learn about the Institute’s
- Educational workshops and sessions
- Networking and social activities
- Resource exhibit area
- APPA President and Executive Committee members
- APPA staff
- Other VIP’s and have an opportunity to network
- Things to do
- Places to visit
APPA Membership Meeting
Tuesday, August 16 • 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Become more involved in your association. Vote on proposed position statements, learn about committee opportunities and more! All Institute attendees are encouraged to attend this meeting.
APPA Committee Meetings
- Committee Schedule -updated 6/28/10
Did you know that APPA has over 20 committees seeking your participation? Most committees will meet on Saturday, January 30 or Sunday, January 31 and are open to all members. Plan to arrive early to get involved in your association.