Discover what APPA can do for you. APPA staff and board members will be onsite to answer your questions and help you get the most out of your membership and Institute participation. Visit the APPA booth in the Resource Expo to get immediate assistance - APPA members save $60 in registration fees! It is not too late to take advantage of the savings. You can become a member of APPA when you register for the Institute.
Where It All Happens
To check out all of the great things Phoenix has to offer go to: http://www.visitphoenix.com/about-phoenix/downtown-phx-appa2013/index.aspx
Sleeping rooms, committee meetings
and the Intensive session will be at the
Phoenix Renaissance Downtown
50 East Adams Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004
Reservations: 800-309-8138, Main Phone: 602-333-0000, Fax: 602-333-5180
Workshops, exhibit hall, and general sessions for the APPA 2013 Winter
Training Institute will be taking place at the
Phoenix Convention Center
100 North Third Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004
How Will You Benefit?
- Experience innovative programming from all across the nation.
- Participate in stimulating discussions with your peers.
- Discover “what works” from professionals in the field.
- View and compare the newest correctional products, technologies
- Increase your current program’s effectiveness.
- Take part in exciting and fun social events.
Who Should Attend?
This Institute is not to be missed if you are a corrections professional involved in...
APPA Accredited Training Contact Hours!
All APPA Institute workshops have been approved by the APPA Training Accreditation Committee for 1.5 contact hours. Workshops have also been accredited by the National Association of Alcohol and Drug Addiction Counselors.
If you need verification of your attendance at Institute workshops, select the contact hour option during online registration or check the box for contact hours on the downloadable registration form. You will receive an attendance verification form and specific instructions at registration. Please note only paid Institute registrants are eligible to receive the Certificate of Verification. A $10 processing fee will apply.
Why are contact hours valuable?
- Ensures workshop training/learning objectives
- Provides official verification of attendance at Institute workshops
- Meets professional licensing requirements
Sunday, January 13 • 11:00a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
First time attendees, our friends who travel from outside the United States and all new members or others just interested in learning more about APPA and the Institute are invited to attend an Institute Orientation where you will... more >>
Learn about the Institute’s
- Educational workshops and sessions
- Networking and social activities
- Resource exhibit area
- APPA President and Executive Committee members
- APPA staff
- Other VIP’s and have an opportunity to network
- Things to do
- Places to visit
APPA Membership Meeting
Tuesday, January 15 • 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Become more involved in your association. Vote on proposed position statements, learn about committee opportunities and more! All Institute attendees are encouraged to attend this meeting.
APPA Committee Meetings
- Committee Schedule- updated 1/4/2013
Did you know that APPA has over 20 committees seeking your participation? Most committees will meet on Saturday, January 12 or Sunday, January 13 and are open to all members. Plan to arrive early to get involved in your association.