As we return to in-person training opportunities, APPA is acutely aware of the need for proper safety guidelines in the wake of Covid-19. We are dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all attendees, volunteers and staff members while our 46th Annual Training Institute is taking place. APPA will work closely with the Sheraton Boston Hotel to make sure all guests are provided a healthy and successful experience.
The highest standards of safety and hygiene will be applied to APPA’s Training Institutes, both in the planning of the event, and its production and management onsite. The safety protocols our hotel is following include:
- Enhanced cleaning technologies including sanitizing electrostatic sprayers and the use of hospital-grade disinfectants.
- Increased cleaning frequency
- Social distancing signage and sanitizing stations throughout the hotel
- Contactless check-in/check-out
- Contactless service requests
- Contactless food & beverage services
In addition to the hotel's protocols, APPA is also suggesting the following safety guidelines:
- Masks are strongly encouraged during transition time between classes, plenary sessions, or any tours.
- Utilize the santizing stations before entering and or/leaving the classrooms and plenary sessions
- Practice proper social distancing as needed
- Be aware that these guidelines are for the safety of ALL attendees, volunteers, and staff but especially those who are immunocompromised or still wishing to follow social distancing and mask usage. Please be courteous and respectful.
- NOTE: If you have had your COVID-19 vaccine, we advise you to keep your vaccination card on your person at all times. APPA and the hotel will not require vaccination cards to attend the institute, but other Boston businesses may require them for entry. APPA and the hotel are not responsible for the vaccination card or mask requirements for any Boston businesses unrelated to the institute.