While Boston boasts some of the best COVID-19 statistics — low infection and high vaccine rates — we want to focus on safety measures for the well-being of all, including the CDC "recommendation" that even fully vaccinated individuals wear face coverings for indoor functions. APPA staff will wear masks throughout the training institute and attendees are urged to do the same.
APPA is working closely with the Sheraton Boston Hotel to make sure all guests are provided a healthy and successful experience from the preparation through the execution of the event. The safety protocols our hotel is following include:
- Enhanced cleaning technologies including sanitizing electrostatic sprayers and the use of hospital-grade disinfectants.
- Increased cleaning frequency.
- Social distancing signage and sanitizing stations throughout the hotel.
- Contactless check-in/check-out.
- Contactless service requests.
- Contactless food & beverage services.
In addition to the hotel's protocols, APPA is also suggesting the following *OPTIONAL* safety guidelines:
- A vaccine verification service – upload photo of completed vaccination card; scan QR with your mobile device (upon arrival you will receive a wristband acknowledging full vaccination).
- An advanced temperature screening service.
- COVID-19 testing (provided by the Boston Medical Center (BMC).
- As a bonus, BMC will also administer vaccines on site for those who haven’t already received theirs and would like to do so.
APPA suggests the following safety guidelines for participants:
- Mask-wearing indoors, especially during transition time between sessions.
- Utilizing the sanitizing stations before entering and or/leaving the classrooms and plenary sessions.
- Practicing proper social distancing as needed.
- Be aware that these guidelines are for the safety of ALL attendees, volunteers, and staff but especially those who are immunocompromised or still wishing to follow social distancing and mask usage. Please be courteous and respectful.
- Always keeping your vaccination card on your person. APPA and the hotel will not require vaccination cards to attend the institute, but other Boston businesses may require them for entry. APPA and the hotel are not responsible for the vaccination card or mask requirements for any Boston businesses unrelated to the institute.