Rules & Regulations
Friday, July 5, 2018.
If any exhibitor is outsourcing their exhibit booth setup and/or dismantling, APPA requires the person/company name by
All outstanding invoices prior to this event are required to be paid in full prior to APPA accepting any future reservation contracts.
- A single exhibit booth may be occupied by only one company. Companies displaying jointly must reserve at least as many booths as there are numbers of companies in the joint display.
- An exhibit booth must be occupied by the same company for the duration of the show.
- All booths must be carpeted.
- All displays, demonstrations, sales activities, etc. must be contained within the reserved booth space and may not impede traffic through the aisles. No solicitation or distribution of materials can take place within the exhibit hall aisles or in any other conference areas.
- All booths are 8’ deep x 10’ wide, unless otherwise noted on the floor plan. Display dimensions may not exceed the 8’ height of the
backdrop or the 3’ height of the side rails. A display may stand 8’ in
height only if it is flush with the booth’s backdrop and extends no more
than 4’’ from the back line of the booth at this height. The height of
the booth must then drop down to the 3’ height of the side rails.
Displays violating this policy may be dismantled at the discretion of
the APPA due to infringement on the visibility of or interference with
- Any display that exceeds normal display regulations must be approved
in writing prior to the exhibit show. Permission must also be granted
and arrangements made for any oversized display which may require early
setup. Exhibitors who need to gain approval and make special setup
arrangements must contact the APPA Expo Manager at (859) 244-8214, at
least 30 days in advance of the show. Displays that do not conform to
regulations as stated herein and have not been approved by APPA prior to
the exhibit show will not be accepted.
- All materials used in displays must be flameproof and meet local fire regulations. All electrical wiring must conform to local codes.
- Press conference or other media events organized by exhibitors and
conducted during show hours in the exhibit hall is prohibited.
Exhibitors should contact the APPA Exhibit Coordinator to arrange for
suitable location and scheduling of press conferences and other media
events at least 30 days in advance of the show.
- Because of insurance restrictions, all weapons displayed must be rendered inoperative.
- Exhibitors or their agents shall not injure or deface the walls of
the building, the booths or the equipment of the booths, including via
painting and staining. Exhibitors are not permitted to drive tacks,
nails or screws into the walls or woodwork. When such damage appears,
the exhibitor is liable to the owner of the property so damaged. Use of
stickers, decals and adhesive materials is limited to the exhibitor’s
- Distribution of circulars or promotional material may be made only
within the booth assigned to the exhibitor presenting such material. A
firm or organization not assigned exhibit space will not be permitted to
solicit business within the exhibit area or in any other conference
- APPA reserves the right to restrict exhibits that, because of noise, method of operation, materials, or for any other reason, become objectionable, and also reserves the right to prohibit any exhibit that, in the opinion of show management, may detract from the general character of the exhibit show as a whole. Should this occur, APPA shall not be liable to the exhibitor for refund of booth rental fees or for any other damages whatsoever.
- APPA requires any group, organization, corporation, company or other entity which advertises in APPA publications or exhibits at APPA shows to respect the dignity of all individuals.
- Any food or beverage served from an exhibit booth which does not
represent the product being exhibited must be purchased through the
official Institute catering contractor.
- In order to preserve our tax-exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service, APPA must insist that no monetary exchanges for goods or services take place in the exhibit hall.
- Smoking is prohibited in the exhibit hall.
- Exhibits that include the use of copyrighted music must obtain the proper licensing to use such music. The exhibitor assumes entire responsibility for the use of this music and shall indemnify and hold harmless APPA from any and all such losses, damages, and claims arising from this use.
- Exhibit booths must be in compliance with the requirements of the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for “places of public
accommodation.” Exhibitors hereby agree that they will defend,
indemnify, and hold and save APPA harmless from and against any and all
claims, demands, actions, damages, losses, liabilities, expenses and
judgments recovered from or asserted against APPA on account of any
actual or alleged failure of the exhibitor’s exhibit booth to comply in
any respect with the requirements of the ADA. Nothing in this agreement
shall be deemed to be an admission by APPA or the exhibitor that either
entity is a “public accommodation,” or that the convention space or the
exhibit booth leased hereunder is a “place of public accommodation,”
under the ADA.
- Exhibitor represents and warrants that it is in full compliance with
all federal, state and local equal employment laws, rules, regulations
and ordinances applicable to its operations.
- Exhibitors accept full responsibility for their acts and conduct, as
well as the acts and conduct of their invitees, within any part of the
exhibit hall and conference area, and agree to defend and indemnify APPA
against any and all claims, demands, actions, damages, losses,
liabilities, expenses and judgments recovered or asserted against APPA
on account of any such acts or conduct.
- APPA maintains no control over the personnel, equipment or operations of any air, water or surface carrier, cruise line, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, restaurant or other person or entity furnishing services, products or accommodations as part of the Institute, because all of these suppliers are independent contractors. APPA shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of these suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors; (2) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrumentality, service, product or accommodation that is owned, operated, furnished or otherwise used by any of these suppliers; (3) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not under the direct control of APPA or (4) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the direct control of APPA.
- All vendors must carry insurance against damages and loss, and public liability insurance against injury and property of others. Additionally, the exhibitor understands that APPA does not maintain and is not responsible for maintaining insurance covering personal injury to the exhibitor or the exhibitor’s property. It is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to obtain insurance covering such losses or damages.
- As a courtesy to all exhibitors, hospitality suites shall not be
open, and private parties shall not be permitted, during the scheduled
hours of the exhibit show, APPA meetings or other APPA functions.
Exhibitors scheduling private functions in conflict with official APPA
events will jeopardize participation in future APPA shows.
- Any outstanding debts with the Association must be paid prior to any
company, organization or agency occupying an exhibit booth at any APPA
- APPA shall not be liable for failure to perform its obligations
hereunder due to strikes, riots, acts of God or any other cause beyond
- In the event of cancellation of the Institute for any reason, APPA’s
liability to an exhibitor shall not exceed the amount of rental fees
paid over and above the nonrefundable deposit. The exhibitor’s
acceptance of these Rules and Regulations constitutes a release of APPA
from any claims for damages in excess of said amount.
- All regulations as stated herein are part of the legally binding
booth reservation contract. In signing, the exhibitor agrees to abide by
the regulations as stated herein and on the Booth Reservation Contract
- Show management reserves the right to make the final space
assignments and to change, at its sole discretion, any such assignments
as it may deem necessary for the betterment of the exhibition.
Failure to abide by these
conditions may result, at the discretion of the APPA, in the closing of an
exhibit and/or the restriction or eviction of persons involved without
compensation to the exhibitor, and the exhibitor may forfeit the right to
exhibit at future APPA events. All matters not covered by these Rules and
Regulations shall be within the discretion of APPA show management. These Rules
and Regulations may be amended at any time by APPA show management; any such
amendments shall be provided to, and shall be binding upon, all exhibitors.