take courses designed primarily for senior POs and managers
embark on a 12-month journey of self-discovery
increase critical and analytical thinking skills
build on your passion for learning and leading
intervene in political, organizational, and sub-service delivery systems
prepare for senior leadership in the community corrections arena
apply proven tools for career advancement
complete a project that benefits your home agency
Now Accepting Applications for the 2022-2023 Class
This training is a 12-month journey of self-discovery and organizational change that provides current and potential managers in community supervision the opportunity to develop the knowledge and competencies required of effective leaders. Explore the history.
The class will begin January 28, 2022, in conjunction with APPA’s 2022 Winter Training Institute in Atlanta, GA.
Apply by November 10, 2021.
Learn How to Apply
Seeking Volunteer Coordinators
Coordinators administrate and facilitate all aspects of the Leadership Institute training program. Duties include but are not limited to reviewing curriculum, developing course materials, creating and facilitating presentations, and identifying faculty members and presenters.
Did You Know?
Past curricula have included collaborations with Correctional Management Institute of Texas at Sam Houston State University, Minds Against Crime, National Association of Probation Executives, and the National Institute of Corrections.
- This leadership academy is truly one of a kind and will deliver greatness in training and networking. If you want to improve an organization, start by improving yourself and join this leadership academy.
- The Leadership Institute has helped me in my role as a manager and not only becoming a better manager, but learning how to become a leader. I think what this institute offers for new leaders is priceless.
- The APPA Leadership Institute is the only one of its kind that focuses on developing future leaders in the area of probation and parole by using experts from the field. The program was definitely worth the time and expense.
- The Leadership Institute has provided me an opportunity to develop relationships with people who are highly regarded in the field of community corrections. This experience has also enhanced my insight into the true meaning of leadership through its readings and lectures.
- The Leadership Institute has been an eye opening experience that I deeply appreciate. I have already applied a number of suggestions at my home agency and have a better understanding of global issues in community corrections.